Wyman's Year-Round Employment Opportunities
Wyman's of Maine accepts applications at all times for all positions. If you are interested we encourage you to apply now. Please Note: We look first at our pool of applicants who have applied within the last 2-3 months so we encourage you to keep your application up to date.
JUNIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Jasper Wyman & Son is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist the Accounting Manager. Provides expertise with financial analysis, budgeting, general ledger and monthly closing. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration - Accounting preferred however an Associates with 2 years accounting experience will be considered. The Junior Accounting position will include but is not limited to:
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Analyze GL transactions and perform accounting activities related to the month-end closing process, bank reconciliation etc. as well as identify and correct inaccuracies.
- Reviews vendor bills to ensure proper GL and department coding. Prepare and execute weekly/monthly payments for invoices.
- Ensure financial records are maintained.
- Assist the Staff Accountant with preparations for the annual audit and other responsibilities.
Good communication skills and a positive, “can do” attitude are a must to effectively support all levels of company management and staff. This is a full time position located on Rt. 1 in Milbridge with competitive pay and full time benefits including: Medical, Dental, company paid Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD, and 401K Savings Plan. Application Deadline is March 1, 2018.
Please Email resume April Norton, Human Resources Director & cover letter to: Wyman’s of Maine P.O. Box 100 Milbridge, ME 04658 email@example.com (preferred) Fax: (207) 546-3311
Location: Portland, ME.
Jasper Wyman & Son is the premier grower/processor/marketer of wild blueberries as well as a distributor of premium quality frozen fruits from around the world. Founded in 1874 in Milbridge, ME, and still owned by the Wyman’s family, Wyman’s has experienced dynamic growth in its ingredient, export, retail and foodservice sales channels. The company has fields and factories in Maine and Prince Edward Island, is a major buyer of fruits globally, and maintains an executive office in Portland, ME.
Wyman’s of Maine is looking for an Administrative Assistant in our new Portland office who takes a professional approach to every situation and possesses a positive “can-do” attitude.
The Administrative Assistant position will provide administrative assistance to the company’s President, Executives and the Sales and Marketing teams. Assisting with office management to include but not limited to administrative work to support a team of 8-10 people initially, including: travel, expense reports, scheduling meetings, answering/directing phone calls including customer service inquiries, greeting office visitors, printing, shipping, ordering office supplies, managing office cleaning staff, etc. This position reports to the President.
Job Requirements of the Successful Candidate:
- Degree from a 4-year college/university preferred
- MUST have at least 2+ years work experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (writing sample required)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High level multi-tasking skills to keep pace in a fast environment
- Has a mind for creativity and problem-solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
Interested candidates should send a cover letter & resume to:
Wyman’s of Maine
Attention April Norton:
Fax: (207) 546-3311
No Calls Please.
You may download the application and mail, email or fax it to:
Wyman's of Maine
Human Resources/April Norton
PO BOX 100, Milbridge, ME 04658
Resume with a Cover Letter are accepted via email (only).
Or you may fill out an application at:
|Field/Farm Headquarters||Cherryfield Plant|
|601 Rt. 193 (across from airstrip)
|178 Main Street (Rt. 193)
Wyman's of Maine is registered with the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify (employment eligibility) program and complies with all employment eligibility requirements.
To see the documents required for I-9 completion open the attachment below:
Please note that DHS Everify system requires one document that contains your photograph.