Recipe by Jen Bates for Wyman's
● 2 cups (265g) Wyman’s Dark Sweet and Red Tart Cherries
● 2 3⁄4 cups (390g) all purpose flour
● 1 tbsp ginger
● 2 tsp cinnamon
● 1 tsp nutmeg
● 1⁄2 tsp salt
● 1⁄2 tsp cloves
● 1⁄2 tsp allspice
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
● 2 sticks (226g) butter, room temperature
● 1 1⁄2 cups (300g) packed brown sugar
● 3⁄4 cup (260g) molasses
● 3 eggs, room temperature
● 1 tsp vanilla
● 1 cup buttermilk
Optional: Glaze or powdered sugar for topping. Whipped cream for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a bundt pan with nonstick spray and (optional) a light dusting of cinnamon.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, allspice, baking soda, and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter, sugar, and molasses until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla. Alternate adding 1/3rd of the flour spice mixture with 1/3rd of the buttermilk until all are just incorporated. Gently stir in the cherries.
- Scoop into the prepared bundt pan. Cook for 70-80 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack before gently turning out of the bundt pan to cool further. Top with glaze or powdered sugar if desired and serve.