Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman's
Yield: 2 servings (about 1¼ cups each)
Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled and baked in one dish.
For the fruit mixture:
For the topping:
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats (not steel-cut oats)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the insides of two individual-sized, oven-proof soufflé dishes or baking dishes with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients for the fruit mixture. Divide the mixture equally between both serving dishes.
- Prepare the topping mixture by cutting the cold butter into small cubes. Place the butter cubes in a small bowl and add the rest of the topping ingredients to the bowl. Using a fork (or your clean fingers), mash the butter into the remaining topping ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half the topping mixture over each dish of fruit. Place the dishes on a baking sheet.
- Bake crisps for 30 minutes. Remove and let crisps cool slightly before serving, or let cool completely to serve later.