Recipe by Julie Balsamo, MS, RDN for Wyman's
Serves 1 (2 slices)
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Wyman’s Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 slices of sourdough (or bread of choice)
- 6 thin slices of brie
- 1 tbsp local honey (optional)
- 4 - 5 leaves of basil, sliced thin (optional)
- Using a toaster or toaster oven, toast bread until crispy.
- Meanwhile, add the blueberries to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir every few minutes until thickened (5 – 10 minutes). Remove once done and set aside.
- Thinly slice the basil and brie cheese.
- Once the bread is done toasting, smear a thin layer of cream cheese on each slice. Top with half the blueberries and then the sliced brie. Broil under high heat until cheese starts to melt.
- Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with honey. Enjoy while hot!