Recipe by Nicole Masson for Wyman's
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup Wyman’s Wild Blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixture until just combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the Wyman’s Wild Blueberries.
- Divide the muffin batter among the 12 prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. *
*Run a butter knife around the edges of the baked muffins to loosen them before moving them to the cooling rack, if needed.