Yield: 1 3/4 cups
- Line a large sieve with a cheesecloth.
- Thaw the wild blueberries and pat dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, or until temperature reaches 185°F, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and pour in the lemon juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the milk curdles. Remove from heat and allow to rest at least 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the curd mixture into the cheesecloth to strain all the liquid and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Gently squeeze any excess liquid.
- Transfer the curd mixture to a food processor and add the salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the wild blueberries just until combined.
Tip: When cooking the milk and lemon juice, look for the curdles to form on top and a yellow-green liquid at the bottom of the saucepan.