Recipe by Nicole Masson for Wyman's
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
For the Wild Blueberry Jam:
For the Grilled Cheese:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces brie cheese, sliced
- ½ cup leftover turkey
- Heat the blueberries, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spread the remaining butter over one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Place 2 of the slices of bread, buttered-side down, in the skillet. Layer the cheese and turkey on top of them. Spread the blueberry jam over the unbuttered side of the remaining 2 slices. Place them, jam side down, on top of the sandwiches. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown. Carefully flip the sandwich, and cook 1-2 more minutes until the bottom is golden brown. Slice each in half and enjoy!