Recipe by Nicole Masson for Wyman's
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
For the Pie:
- 2 cups frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries
- (1) 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate, gently pressing against the bottom and sides. Fold the edges in and crimp them as desired. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apple slices, blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon until combined. Set aside
- Make the streusel topping. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, butter, and salt until small crumbles form.
- Pour the blueberry apple mixture into the frozen pie crust. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the top. Depending on how deep your pie dish is, you may not need all of the topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F. Bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until the top is golden and the filling is bubbly. Cover with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Allow the pie to cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy!