Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman's
Yield: 1 smoothie bowl (about 2 cups)
Features skyr, tofu and quinoa (for protein), garnish of chia and chopped nuts for additional protein and texture
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk (not refrigerated coconut beverage)
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 cup frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries
- 1 5.3-oz. container coconut skyr (or coconut-flavored Greek yogurt)
- 1 medium frozen banana, cut into chunks
- Zest and juice from ½ a medium lime (about 1 tablespoon juice and ½ teaspoon zest); reserve zest for garnish, if desired
- Suggested garnishes: unsweetened coconut flakes, chia seeds, chopped nuts and reserved lime zest
- Add quinoa, coconut milk and tofu to a high-speed blender. Pulse several times to combine. Add remaining ingredients (Wyman’s Wild Blueberries, skyr, banana and lime juice).
- Blend until mixture is smooth; it will be thick.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, garnish as desired and enjoy immediately!