Recipe by Nicole Masson for Wyman's
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
For the Salad:
- ½ cup Wyman’s Wild Blueberries, thawed and drained
- ½ large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 1 apple, diced
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
For the Creamy Maple Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the butternut squash cubes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with cinnamon and sea salt. Toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together (or shake in a jar) the olive oil, maple syrup, greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add a small drizzle of olive oil to the kale. Massage with your hands until the kale begins to soften, about 30 seconds. Add the cooked butternut squash cubes, apple, Wyman’s Wild Blueberries, pepitas, and goat cheese. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss one more time until coated. Serve and enjoy!