Recipe by Nicole Masson for Wyman's
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
For the Wild Blueberry Jam:
For the Cookies:
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries, honey, and lemon juice over medium heat. Simmer for 4-7 minutes, stirring often, until the jam begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls and roll until smooth. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a rounded teaspoon, gently press and indent in the center of each cookie dough ball.
- Transfer the baking sheets to the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spoon the jam into each thumbprint. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms are golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.