Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman’s
Makes 2 cups of topping
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 cups frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and water in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in the wild blueberries.
- Turn heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
This topping is perfect for spooning over French toast and pancakes, and dolloping onto plain Greek yogurt and vanilla ice cream. If you choose to eat it by the spoonful instead, your secret is safe with us.