Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman's
Yield: 12 mini pastries
For the pastry:
For the drizzle:
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tablespoons half-and-half or heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- On a floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the puff pastry sheet to a 15x12 rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, make 4 slices through the long side of the dough and 3 slices across the short side. You should have 12 equal squares of dough.
- Place squares of dough into the cups of a standard cupcake pan, pressing down lightly to line each cup. The corners will stick out of the cups (press them down lightly onto the surface of the pan). Spoon the Wild Blueberry Topping into the puff pastry cups, dividing it evenly between them.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pastry is puffed and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let pastries cool to room temperature. While waiting for them to cool, prepare the drizzle: In a 1-cup liquid measuring cup, stir together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract with a fork or small whisk. Stir in the cream one tablespoon at a time until mixture is smooth and reaches the consistency you prefer.
- When pastries are cool, carefully pour the drizzle from the measuring cup back and forth over the tops of the pastries (alternatively, you can use a spoon to distribute the drizzle).