Recipe by Kit Broihier, MS, RD, LD for Wyman’s
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 750ml bottle red zinfandel or red blend wine
- ⅓ cup brandy
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 orange halved or quartered, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch ground cloves
- 1½ cups frozen Wyman’s Triple Berry or Wyman’s Mango Berry
- 1 liter cranberry seltzer
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients except the seltzer. Refrigerate the mixture at least 6 -8 hours (and up to 12 hours).
- At serving time, stir in the seltzer (you may need to divide the sangria base mixture between two pitchers, and add half the seltzer to each pitcher). Then pour sangria into individual glasses (scoop a little fruit into each glass). Alternatively, you can pour entire amount of sangria base into a punch bowl, stir in the seltzer with a ladle, and toss in ice cubes or add an ice ring and let people serve themselves.