Recipe by Julie Balsamo for Wyman's
- 2 cups frozen Wyman’s Wild Blueberries
- 1 rustic loaf bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp turbinado sugar (or plain white sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 - 3 tbsp butter
- Cube the bread and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, vanilla, honey and lemon zest.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Add the wild blueberries and gently combine using a wooden spoon.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish, adding any additional liquid on top.
- Using a spatula, press down on the bread, allowing it to soak up the egg mixture. Top with turbinado sugar and cubed butter. Rest for 30 minutes before baking, or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bread in the center is moist but no longer liquid. Serve hot!