Recipe by Jen Bates for Wyman's
● 1 1⁄2 cups Wyman’s Wild Blueberry Juice
● 1 3⁄4 cups (350g) sugar
● 1⁄2 cup (160g) corn syrup or golden syrup
● Pinch salt
● 1 tbsp baking soda
- Prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper that covers the bottom. Keep the pan nearby and placed on a cooling rack or trivet.
- Carefully place the sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a large pot. Add the Wyman’s Wild Blueberry Juice carefully, using it to wash the sides of the pot and ensure there are no stray sugar crystals. If there is any dry sugar gently run a spoon through it till it is flooded by the juice.
- Heat over medium high heat without stirring until the mixture starts to boil. Once boiling you can swirl the pot and stir with a silicone spatula to ensure things are heating evenly. Continue heating until the molten sugar reaches the hard crack stage, 300°F.
- When the mixture reaches 300°F immediately remove the pot from the heat and add the baking soda. Whisk well to ensure the baking soda is well incorporated even as the mixture starts to expand. As soon as you are confident the baking soda is fully incorporated, scrape the hot mixture into the prepared pan. You do not need to smooth it.
- Set aside the pan and allow a few hours to cool completely. Once fully cool, break the hokey pokey into pieces and serve.